For End Users
The e-Gov App Store has been designed, developed and hosted by National Informatics Centre under the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India.
- Though all efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy and currency of the content on this Portal, the same should not be construed as a statement of law or used for any legal purposes. It accepts no responsibility in relation to the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or otherwise, of its content. Users are advised to verify/check any updated information available or the customization efforts required (as the applications uploaded on the e-Gov App Store may need some level of customization before they can be installed and used) with the concerned NIC State Centres / NIC Division and/or source(s).Users are also advised to obtain appropriate professional advice before acting on the information provided in the Website.
- In no event will the Government of India or e-Gov App Store or the National Informatics Centre be liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use, of applications/components/web services/ mobile app and related documentations, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Portal.
- Applications/components/web services/ mobile app and related documentations and Links to other websites that have been published through e-Gov App Store are provided for convenience only. The Portal is not responsible for the content or reliability of linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the view expressed within them. We cannot guarantee the availability of such linked pages at all times.
- Applications/components/web services/ mobile app and related documentations featured on the e-Gov App Store, if used, have to be accurate and are not to be used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. Wherever the applications/components/web services/ mobile app and related documentations is being used, the source must be prominently acknowledged. However, the permission to use these applications/components/web services/ mobile app and related documentations shall not extend to any material which is identified as being copyright of a third party.
- Authorization to use such applications/components/web services/ mobile app and related documentations must be obtained from the NIC State Centres / NIC Divisions concerned, wherever applicable.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian Law. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.
For Application Contributors and Validators
- Applications/components/web services are published on the e-Gov App Store through a Workflow.
- Contributor - Only registered users (contributors) can contribute applications/components/web services/ mobile app in e-Gov App Store
- Validator - The contributed applications/components/web services/ mobile app are further approved and forwarded by the Validators (registered users next in the hierarchy) to the Central Project Management Unit (PMU).
- PMU - In the final step PMU (Committee with members from NIC/DietY) publishes the applications/components/web services/ mobile app on the e-Gov App Store.
- NIC may revoke your account, remove your applications/components/web services/ mobile app from the e-Gov App Store, and delete ratings and reviews. Your account is only for your use, and you are responsible for all activity that takes place from your account.
- Contributor may submit to NIC, each application that he/she wish to make available through the e-Gov App Store, including any updates to each application/component/web service/ mobile app, duly forwarded through the validator. NIC will preserve (or destroy) all copies of the application/component and other materials you submit. It will not return them, so you must maintain your own backup copies.
PMU will evaluate each application/component/web service/ mobile app (including any updates) you submit to determine whether it complies with this agreement (which includes the Certification Requirements) and other policies made available to you (if any). NIC will not make any Application/component/web service/ mobile app available in the e-Gov App Store unless and until it is certified by PMU.
You are solely responsible for providing all content made available through your application/component/web service/ mobile app, including the name, trademarks, logos, icons, titles, product descriptions, documents, brochure, photos and screenshots you provide to e-Gov App Store for use in connection with the distribution of your application/component/web-service/mobile app through e-Gov App Store.
- If NIC receives a claim from a third party requesting that your application be changed or removed, NIC may refer that claim to you. You must comply with the notice as soon as reasonably practicable, together with any other requirements. If you discover that your application/component/web service/ mobile app violates the terms of this agreement, you must immediately notify NIC and work with NIC to repair the application/component/web service/mobile app.
- If you believe another application violates your rights, you may submit a claim to NIC.
- NIC respects the intellectual property rights of others. If your copyright or trademark is being infringed, you may notify NIC
- NIC has no obligation to make any application/component/web service/ mobile app available that you submit, even if that application/component/web service/ mobile app is certified.
- NIC will, in its sole discretion, make all decisions regarding placement or promotion of application/component/web service/ mobile app in the e-Gov App Store.
- NIC may remove or suspend the availability of any application/component/web service/ mobile app from the e-Gov App Store for any reason or no reason.
- NIC also may disable previously runnable application, if NIC believes that the application could cause harm to end users or any network, or to comply with any judicial process, government order or lawsuit settlement.
Modification or Discontinuance
The e-Gov App Store is the property of NIC. NIC may change or discontinue the e-Gov App Store at any time.